Monday, October 24, 2011

Murukku/ thenkuzhal/ Chakli

     First of all, I wish you all a very Happy Deepavali. My mom always makes murukku, ola pakoda, mixture etc. for Deepavali. I miss my mom more during these festivals :( . So this time I thought why not make some delicious murukku. My son is a great fan of this item, so this is a real treat!

Ingredients:

3 cups of rice flour
1/4 cup of urad dhal flour
1/4 tsp of asafoetida
1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
2 tbsp of butter (@ room temperature)
salt as required
oil for deep frying

Preparation:

1.Sift the rice flour well. Mix all the above ingredients together and add the required amount of water to knead them in to the dough.
2.Heat oil in the kadai. Smear the inside of murukku maker with little oil. Make a ball and put in the murukku maker and press it on the back of the ladle.




3.Once the oil is hot, transfer the murukku in to the oil. As they turn light golden brown, turn to the other side.
4.Remove murukkus from the oil and place it on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stumble Upon