Thursday, January 20, 2011

Papaya curry

   I made this curry yesterday which is really simple and delicious. This curry I learnt from my cousin gayathri. I am not a very big fan of papaya. First time I really enjoyed this curry and thought I will give it a try (preparing it) . Papayas are an excellent source of vitamin C as well as a good source of vitamin E, vitamin A & three very powerful antioxidants. 

Serves up to 3-4

Ingredients:

1 medium raw papaya
10 pearl onions
5 cloves of garlic
4 green chillies(slit lengthwise)
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tbsp of olive oil

1 teaspoon of cumin(jeera)
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 red chilli* 

salt as required

Preparation:

1.Cut the papaya into small 1 cu.inch pieces. Add the papaya and turmeric in hot boiling water.Cook till the papaya is 90% cooked.
2.Add olive oil to the pan, add cumin and curry leaves. As the cumin sputters, add onion and garlic.
3.Once the raw smell disappears, add the green chillies. Finally add  the papaya and salt. Saute for 10 minutes. 
4.To spice it up, you can add 1 broken red chilli(*optional).









No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stumble Upon