Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baigun Baja/ Eggplant Fritters

    My husband has lived in West Bengal for 10 years. He always talks about Bengali dishes. I thought let's try something new. The authentic way to prepare this dish( Eggplant) is to fry in mustard oil. When I tried for the first time, the aroma of the mustard oil is very different. So I made it in olive oil, I truly enjoyed it!


Ingredients:

1 medium Eggplant
olive oil for frying
1/2 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of red chilli powder
1 tsp of lemon juice
salt as required


Preparation:

1. Cut the eggplant into 1/2 inch circles.  Marinate eggplant  with turmeric, red chilli powder and salt. 
2. In the preheated oil, add the pieces to the pan. Fry both sides till it turns golden brown.
3.Transfer to the plate, squeeze  little lemon juice.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stumble Upon